YHA offers the perfect option for all types of group travel, school excursions and family educational getaways. YHA has a strong focus on Education at several of their locations one being Sydney Harbour YHA. YHA Sydney Harbour has been built on pillars above “The Big Dig Archaeology Education Centre” the earliest colonial archaeology in The Rocks. Facilities also include 2 purpose built class rooms with AV capabilities, simulated dig, artefact handling and heritage displays.
YHA provides affordable, quality accommodation for guest of all ages. with excellent facilities for groups. Most have common areas with self-catering kitchens for meal preparations.
At Sydney Harbour YHA your group will be staying amongst the heritage buildings and quiet laneways of Sydney’s historic heart, The Rocks. On this site, the archaeological remains of some of Sydney’s earliest and best documented colonial buildings have been uncovered.
Sydney Harbour YHA provides access to this archaeological heritage through on-site interpretation, visual and physical access to the remnants, an education centre and the unique opportunity of sleeping above Australia’s history.
It is the largest archaeological urban development ever completed in Australia. Sydney Harbour YHA offers groups affordable accommodation and modern facilities with provision for groups of up to 110 people of all ages.
Within easy walking distance of all the major attractions of The Rocks and Circular Quay, Sydney Harbour YHA offers:
- Exclusive groups wing including lounge, dining and TV area
- Single/twin/double rooms with ensuites for group leaders
- Comfortable 4 and 6 share dormitory-style accommodation with private bathrooms
- Delicious catering for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Safe, secure and affordable
While The Big Dig Archaeology Education Centre offers:
Exciting new educational programs make learning about Australia’s early colonial history both memorable and great fun.
- 2 purpose-built classrooms with AV capabilities
- Simulated dig, artefact handling and heritage displays
- Located above Sydney’s earliest colonial archaeology in The Rocks
Amee Burnicle also recommends NSW YHA's other accommodation for group travel:
- Sydney Central YHA which can accommodate groups of up to 100. If your group is larger than 100 it's worth enquiring as they maybe able to assist you. It is conveniently located opposite Central Railway Station and the Interstate Coach Terminals.
- Blue Mountains YHA which is conveniently located in the heart of Katoomba and offers competitively priced accommodation in this natural beauty of the World Heritage area.
- Canberra City YHA is the most centrally localed accommodation provider in the city. It is only a few minutes away from the Australian War Memorial, Questacon, Parliament House and other popular attractions. The in-house Bytes Cafe makes dining easy, offering delicious breakfast, packed lunch and dinner at times that suit your excursion itinerary.
YHA's Risk Management statment
YHA is pro-active in taking preventative measures at its properties to ensure we maintain the highest possible standards in the field of risk management.
Great emphasis is placed on safety; YHA hostels undergo regular site checks by the maintenance department and the hostel Manager. Sydney Central YHA is well equipped for any emergency including fire and complies with all fire legislation requirements. The fire safety systems in place cover fire detection, emergency warning, fire suppression, first attack fire fighting equipment and means of escape.
Sydney Central YHA employs the services of a fire evacuation specialist to deliver training to staff members on evacuation procedures. YHA co-ordinates an annual Fire safety evacuation in which all YHA hostels in NSW participate.
These properties all offer a range of facilities, so to find out if they can cater for your group contact Amee Burnicle directly. Her phone number is 1300 136 430 send an email or visit: mytravelmanager.com.au/AmeeBurnicle